Saturday, August 1, 2015

"I will not leave you, until I have done that which I have spoken to you of."

 "And behold, I am with you, and will keep you in all places wherever you go, and I will bring you again into this land; for I will not leave you, until I have done that which I have spoken to you of. "  Genesis 28:15


Everyone who has been on a mission trip knows that you are forever changed, and as this is my very first mission trip, I can honestly say they told me so! Today alone we kept very busy, with more VBS at another local kindergarten, and helping to provide bags of rice and beans within the local community.  We even helped at a local, almost like, soup kitchen.  Here, in the Tejeras neighborhood, we helped pass out plates of food to children who literally live along the side of the road with their families.  The meal we give them is most likely the ONLY meal these kids have had all day.  My heart goes out to them.  I truly realized today that I have NO IDEA what it’s like to feel hungry and “starving”, compared to the kids and families we witnessed today.  These people are live just a few miles from this compound, where we are fed 3 meals a day.  It’s truly overwhelming, and extremely heartbreaking.  We will each be called to serve in different ways at different times in our lives. While each of these tasks can feel a little daunting if we’re un-experienced, it is the “sending” role that leaves many of us particularly baffled.  



However the kids and parents smiling everywhere I look is the best reward ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment