Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Frederic + Day Two = Eccentric

Who's leading whom?

Doing the shovel twist!
WHAT? USC?

If you're happy...?
The sewage drainage ditch...is it one foot deep yet?



















Greetings Bloggers (my first),
Since this is my first time blogging, it may be very short.   Actually, I rather someone else do the blog for me – not that I am shy but simple “me.”  
This is my first time with the Crossroads Aiken Mission team and my first time in this part of Honduras.  
The moment I left the airport, I was in my “comfort zone,” being back home.   I have done 11 missions in Belize, plus many other places.  Both countries are beautiful – of course, they are because they are GOD’s countries!  Likewise, so are the people, whom Jesus loves and He desires ALL to be saved.  
            At the present time, I have only met our hostess missionaries, the support staff, and the crew of men working on the construction site for the children’s home.
            I have seen many children and adults out the vehicle’s window, waved to them, and had most waved back.   I am looking forward to meeting more Hondurans
as knowing the people and their culture and history is my interest.   Work is just an excuse.   

Sincerely HIS  - Friendly Frederic   

PS
            Progress is coming along on all the plumbing projects.  The ditches are being dug laboriously but joyfully.  We never knew one foot could be so deep.  We actually got some of the pipes fit today.
            Vickie and Kari are extending the flowerbeds with Sam’s able help and have planted new plants.
            We did have several jokers in the group today: One handling a ‘snake’ which was actually a black root; and the other holding a USC shirt in front of Sam…ha, ha, ha! Everyone knows his blood runs Tiger Orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment